Now that I've outed myself, lets skip ahead another 12 years to now. I LOVE chicken! It's so versatile with all the different parts, inexpensive (even when you buy locally at the farm like I do), and rather flavorless so you can add so many different ingredients to it!
Being in nursing school, a mom of a three year old and a wife of a lobsterman who has crazy hours, I need something I can throw together when I get the nightly text "just docked the boat," which means crap I have 30 minutes to throw my hair up and make dinner! This recipe is that recipe that can be tossed together on ONE pan and on the table in 25 minutes! And with a little added sweetness running through the dish, it is a crowd pleaser for all types of eaters!
2lbs chicken breast (skin or no skin - doesn't matter)
20 tiny red potatoes, halved
1 Clove garlic - minced
1 packet dry ranch mix
2 tbs olive oil
2 tbs brown sugar
salt/pepper to taste
How To Cook
1. Pre-heat oven to 400º
2. Cut potatoes in half
3. Coat a baking sheet with either olive oil or spray
4. Place chicken (skin up if using chicken with skin) in the middle of the pan forming a line and green beans on both sides.
5. Add the potatoes on top of the green beans, cut side down.
6. Divide equally and sprinkle the brown sugar on top of the chicken, pressing down to make it stick
7. Sprinkle the minced garlic over chicken, potatoes, and green beans
8. Sprinkle lightly the ranch mix - I did not use an entire packet - but do it to taste.
9. Drizzle olive oil over entire pan
10. Cook on middle rack for 20-30 minutes (until chicken reaches internal temperature of 165º)
21 Day Fix
Serving being 1R, 1Y, 1G, 1Tbs