I wracked my brain down ever isle as to what we were going to have with the steak I had marinating in the fridge. I had planned on steak and goat cheese salads, but I didn't have enough lettuce, and I didn't want to buy any. No, let's be honest, I just didn't want a salad! I wanted carbs. Yes, carbs, lots of them. I had thought about rice, but rice and steak is not a pairing I tend to enjoy. I thought about homemade french fries, but again not something that peaked my interest.
We left the store this morning still sideless. I had no idea what I was going to make. That was until I was unloading the groceries and my eyes wandered over to the red potatoes we had and the new container of parmesan cheese I just bought. A little light went off! Why not, instead of my normal garlic roasted potatoes I change it up and do some garlic parmesan roasted potatoes that are a tad crispy and are coated with fresh parsley!
So what's what I did. Most people have all the ingredients at home to make this, and because you lay these out in a single layer, instead of in a casserole dish to cook, they cook in half the time. Win win in my book!
3-4 lbs Red potatoes
1 cup fresh chopped parsley
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
2 tbs olive oil
3 cloves of garlic grated (or minced if you don't have a grater)
salt/pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400º and line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray
2. Wash then cut the potatoes into 1" pieces and place in a bowl
3. Add to the bowl the chopped parsley, parmesan cheese, garlic, olive oil, and salt/pepper then toss to evenly coat
4. Spread the coated potatoes on the lined pan then sprinkle and little more parmesan cheese
5. Place in oven. Cook for 15 minutes then take out and flip them
6. Place back in the oven and cook until fork tender (a fork will easily slide in and out of the largest piece)
7. Take out of the oven, sprinkle a little more parmesan cheese and enjoy!