My mom has been making those doughy knots of goodness since I can remember. I remember her meticulously twisting and twirling that dough into perfect knots then slathering with her buttery concoction and popping in the oven. My mouth would be salivating as soon as she would say "kids were having garlic knots!" They never did disappoint ... until I moved out and they weren't being served in my home! That's when I decided to put my big girl panties on and make them myself.
They are super easy and only take 15 minutes start to finish. I love to make everything from scratch but I was in no way shape or form making the dough from scratch when I was already making my Lemon Garlic Chicken Pasta. I mean who do you think I am, super mom? Okay, I am but that was not happening tonight with my toddler pulling at me whining non-stop "mommaaa I neeeeedddd youuuu".
So here it is: my moms super simple über delicious Parmesan Garlic Knots!
1 lbs bread dough
***You can use those rolls in the tin tube that you have to pop open or what I used was the fresh pizza dough in the deli section
1/4 Cup Butter (4tbs)
2 Tbs Parmesan cheese
1 Clove Garlic
1 Tsb Garlic salt
2 Tbs Parsley (fresh or dried)
1/2 Tsp Dried Oregano
Flour for dusting
How To Make:
1. Preheat oven to 400º
2. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray
3. Roll out dough until you have approximately 10 strips. 1" thick 4-5" long. Use flour for dusting if it's sticking to the board
4. Using a pizza slicer cut those strips (to above dimensions) then cut in half - so you get two pieces out of each strip)
5. Dust your hands with flour then take each strip and tie into a knot and place on baking sheet. Repeat until all the knots are formed
6. In a bowl place the butter (cut up for quicker melting), parsley, oregano, and garlic salt and microwave for about 20 seconds or until butter is melted.
7. Using a brush, brush each roll with a light coating of butter mixture and place in oven for 8-10 minutes. Taking them out right when they start to crust up. they will continue to cook once you take them out!
8. Once you take them out, brush them with the remaining butter mix and sprinkle on the parmesan cheese.