I love this time of year because there is peppermint in everything!
Here is a very simple recipe for peppermint bark. This is such a great treat to bring to parties, give as gifts, or to munch on late at night with a
bottle glass of wine!
2 Cups Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
2 Cups White Chocolate Chips
4 Candy Canes
Splash of Peppermint Extract
1. Melt chocolate chips in the microwave. Place them in a bowl and zap them for 30 seconds. After 30 seconds stir them then zap for another 30 seconds. Do this until they are all melted.
2. Once the chocolate is melted add a splash of peppermint extract and stir
3. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper
4. Pour and spread chocolate on cookie sheet. Making it about 1/8 thick
5. Stick in fridge
6. Break up candy canes in large pieces and put in the food processor or blender. Chopping them into tiny pieces.
7. Once the chocolate in the fridge is hard (about 10 minutes) melt white chocolate in the same way as step 1.
8. Pour and spread on top of the cooled chocolate
9. Sprinkle on crushed candy cane
10. Place in the fridge for one hour. Then once really hard, break into desired size pieces!