I hate to cook but my family can't live off of takeout every
other night. So
when I do cook, I make sure it is very simple but still "husband"
I have never made meatballs before because I thought it would be hard so I've always stuck to the easy meat sauce. Well my husband wanted meatballs, so I decided to go for it!
Here is my simple but mouth watering recipe
*tweak as you please*
1 lbs ground beef (I use a mixture of 1/2 ground chuck 1/2 ground round)
1/2lbs sausage (2 links)
1 - 1 1/2 cups Italian bread crumbs
1 whole egg
2 tbs Italian seasoning
Salt & pepper to taste
How to Cook:
1. Mix together with your hands in a large bowl the beef and sausage
2. Add in one egg. This will bind the mixture to keep it from falling apart
3. Add in bread crumbs and seasonings
4. Mix together well
5. Preheat oven to 350°
6. Take mixture and roll into balls of your desired size. Make sure all are about the same size so they cook evenly
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes depending on your oven. Cut one open to make sure it's cooked through
8.Add into any sauce and enjoy!
This batch will make approximately 24 goofball sized meatballs
They freeze very well so make a few batches and have them at the ready!