I have had locally raised pork rib's sitting in my freezer for over two months now just because I was intimidated by them. I figured unless you were a Grill Master, you had no business trying to cook them. Well I had no option, I needed something, and seriously....how bad could I screw them up? Or if I did, I could just use my excellent ordering out skills!
It has been over 90 degrees here (in Maine can you believe it!) and I didn't want to heat the house so I decided to dig out my slow-cooker that I've only used twice. I decided that I was just going to go for it! And the end result was AHHHMAZING! Oh and my husband liked it, which means it was better than AHHHMAZING since he is the pickiest eater! So here it is:
Boneless pork Ribs (I had 1 1/2 lbs (4 ribs) just because I wasn't sure I'd like them)
Weber Burger Seasoning (I liked it better than Montreal Steak Seasoning since it had more spices in it)
Sweet Corn -steamer bags
Green Beans - frozen
2 TBS Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
How to cook:
1. Defrost pork ribs (4 ribs) - don't cut off the fat, that's what gives it flavor and juices. It will fall right off after being cooked!
2. Sprinkle a HEALTHY amount of seasoning on one side of the ribs
3. Place in slow-cooker seasoned side down
4. Cover the other side with a HEALTHY amount of seasoning
5. Turn slow-cooker on low (I started at 9:30am and turned it off at 5:45 and they were perfectly falling apart) NEVER TAKE OFF THE LID WHILE COOKING -it cooks by retaining the heat and I ruined a meal ...a few times by doing that!
6. Take a sauce pan and put 2 TBS of EVOO on med/high heat
7. Place green beans in pan and cover - stirring every few minutes
8. I used steamer bags of corn, and placed them in the microwave - they came out nice and crunchy. If you don't have steamer bags - cook the corn the way you would usually cook them
9. Once the green beans are done - let them cool for 5 minutes and sprinkle and healthy amount of parmesan cheese over them. (if they don't cool for a few then the cheese will melt and have a gross texture)
10. Turn Slow Cooker off and take off lid to release steam for a few minutes. If you don't, trying to get the pieces out will scald your hand!
11. Dish out ribs, corn, and green beans and grab a glass of wine and ENJOY!
You can add different spices, BBQ sauce, ect. Please let me know if you've made this and how it came out and what variation you came up with!